Matt Maurer will join a group of other industry leaders on September 14, 2017 as a mentor in Canada’s first cannabis business accelerator program.
The program, established by Leaf Forward, will see a small group of founders selected to spend a full day with entrepreneurs, industry experts and senior managers who advise on everything from law and finance to marketing and sales and who will prepare founders to pitch to investors, raise money and take their business to the next level.
In addition to Mr. Maurer, mentors include:
- John Prentice, President and CEO, Ample Organics
- Matt Shalhoub, Managing Director, Green Acre Capital
- Rachel Colic, President and Chief Strategist, YCREATIVE
- Mike Lickver, Executive Vice-President of Strategy, Cannabis Wheaton
- Demetrius Michael, Growth Hacker
- Greg Pantelic, Co-Founder, AHLOT
- Jonathan Tonge, Founder and CEO, UNIV-ERSE
- Amy Wasserman, Director of Marketing, Canopy Growth Corp.
Mr. Maurer is looking forward to joining the successful applicants and his co-mentors and sharing his expertise in the legal field.
Entrepreneurs looking to provide solutions to the cannabis industry have to face the reality that the industry is situated in a constantly evolving regulatory maze. Leaf Forward brings founders up to speed on important regulatory complexities and helps them navigate this process, allowing them to focus on what they do best, offering value through their core product and service offerings.
Applications will be accepted until August 31, 2017 and can be found and submitted at www.leafforward.org.
The event will be hosted at Minden Gross LLP’s offices in Downtown Toronto Canada.
The full press-release can be read here.
For more information on the application process and the accelerator itself, please contact Alex Blumenstein of the Leaf Group at 416-275-2911 or email@example.com.