Cannabis Law Group chair Matt Maurer joined a group of industry leaders on September 14, 2017 as a mentor in Canada’s first cannabis business accelerator program. The event was hosted at Minden Gross LLP’s offices in Toronto.
The program, established by Leaf Forward, saw a small group of founders selected to spend a full day with entrepreneurs, industry experts and senior managers who advised on everything from law and finance to marketing and sales and who helped prepare founders to pitch to investors, raise money and to take their business to the next level.
In addition to Matt, mentors included:
- John Prentice, President and CEO, Ample Organics
- Matt Shalhoub, Managing Director, Green Acre Capital
- Rachel Colic, President and Chief Strategist, YCREATIVE
- Demetrius Michael, Co-Founder, Kitty’s Co.
- Greg Pantelic, Co-Founder, AHLOT
- Jonathan Tonge, Founder and CEO, UNIV-ERSE
- Amy Wasserman, Director of Marketing, Canopy Growth Corp.
- Alison McMahon, CEO, Cannabis at Work
- Kyle Sherman, Co-Founder and CEO, Flowhub
- Scott Walters, Co-Founder and CEO, Molecular Science Corp
The companies that were selected to participate in the program were:
- Atlas Plant Trainers
- Cannabis Goods
- Koopeh Designs Inc.
Leaf Forward will be hosting the next cannabis business accelerator at Minden Gross’ offices on September 20, 2017. For more information visit www.leafforward.org.